Friday, January 28, 2011

Lots of Beefcake Action...

So...we all are inundated with the effects of global warming...from the extreme weather to the bleak predictions for our grandchildrens'grandchildren.  Some of us feel a pressure to make a few changes, maybe recycle something or whatever we can come up with. Others sit back and say 'oh life is short anyway'... it'll work it's way out....'they'll be living on some other planet [hopefully]' - I considered that last one myself. Every little thing we do is making some carbon footprint, huh. I volunteered once at a recycling plant...dirty and busy. I even got some cool stuff hehe. It can be a job in itself just to find out where and how you can recycle many things. After my enlightenment as a volunteer, I attempted to recycle EVERYTHING that would normally go in the trash. Ah, that was ridiculous with all the cans, boxes, bottles, etc. I had more in the recycling bin, than in the trash. It was quite a responsibility, so I reverted back to recycling in moderation. I guess they get most of what is usable out of the garbage, anyway...and somebody recycles it.

But, who would think that a visit to the local recycling plant would yield so many fine specimens of men. I was a bit caught off guard by the local beefcake up in there. Sure, the majority are recycling for much needed cash, not because they are treehuggers ...but you have to give them credit for putting such efforts toward our environmental future. From young to old, short to tall, every ethnicity, language, in khakis or dirty jeans... I gotta give a shout out to the recyclers. There were only a handful of women. Hey Ladies, let's not be shy! Join the fun. Yeah, so that old refrigerator or ugh scrap metal, ain't your thing. Get your neighbor, boyfriend, brother, or even girlfriend to lend a hand and make it happen!

xoxo
Suga

http://soundcloud.com/sugalane/cries-r-broken-ma

No comments:

Post a Comment