Saturday, January 8, 2011

RE: Please Use Some Grammar Skills!

Here's a copy of an email I just received. I'm not trying to be mean to the sender, I understand how we use slang and lack of punctuation...but there is a limit to these things...please. Let this be a lesson in how not to write:

ORIGINAL EMAIL


From: **************@aol.com>
To: sugalane@yahoo.com
Sent: Sat, January 8, 2011 8:06:38 AM
Subject:

hello suga lane i am djs short for ********* i am a producer formerly rap artist thats about to release my final lyrical album called everyday issues but i do have a few artist that i work with. i dont know if you have music for your show and if so i would like to submit some tracks to you. what i have seen over the years most shows have their own people that compose their show tunes, but if it is possible and uyou are willing to listen i will be honored to send you something as long as i know what type of music you are looking for. i have done a theme song for the maury povich show sent them emails and its all the same. they dond have anything for submissions just to view ur dirt. of course i got and automayed email that does not pertain to what my question was and i am sick and tiered of this. thes song that i recorded is called "*** *** ******" i expalined what it was and i have not got a responce yet and its been almost a month now but its not the first time i have sent them a message which i have gotten no responce. if you would be willing to give me the chance to display my composition talents you will not be disapponted. what ever you need or want i can provide. thank you please respond.


MY REPLY

Re:
From:
Suga Lane
Add to Contacts
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com>
Hi,

I read your "note" and I would love for you to submit for show. There is a link to submission form for Metallic Moon Show
on my blog: http://sugalane.blogspot.com. Something you might want to consider in any future emails, notes, etc., if you want to be taken seriously. USE CAPITALIZATION, PUNCTUATION AND BASIC ENGLISH SKILLS! What you sent me was horrendous. I can understand a little fun slang here and there...I do it plenty, but this is ridiculous...especially for business. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, b/c I know "artists" can sometimes be a lil' "off". Ok, tighten up ur game gurl, this is 2011!

xoxo
Suga Lane

P.S. [ I hope you didn't send that same note to Mr. Money]


So then I received a response today, proving that the whole point was missed, I'm like huh?

Re:
From:
Mrsmuckas
Add to Contacts
To: sugalane@yahoo.com
Thanks but if you looked at my reverb nation page you would I am a man everybod makes misstakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment